Any Singapore citizen or permanent resident (PR) who meets the criteria listed below would be eligible to apply for our programme:
- Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Ambulant, able to move around independently
- For application to our school, please download the Special Education (SPED) School Application Form and User Guide for the SPED School Application Form (for reference when completing the application form) from the Ministry of Education’s (MOE’s) website.
- Please ensure that the following documents are attached with the completed SPED School Application Form in your submission:
- Medical report (to be completed by a GP)
- Diagnosis report
- Psychological report (conducted within two years of the date of application) and/or school report(s)
- Photocopy of child’s identification: (i) Birth certificate (Singapore citizen); (ii) Re-entry document (Singapore PR); (iii) Deed Poll (legal document required if the child has changed his/her name)
- Photocopy of parents’/guardians’ identification (NRIC for Singapore citizens and passport for Singapore PRs)
- Photocopy of certificate of legal guardianship (if applicable)
- Report book results/progress reports
- Work place literacy and numeracy scores (if applicable)
- All applicants will be required to undergo an intake assessment to ascertain placement suitability. Our intake assessment includes: (i) parent interview (ii) individual intake assessment for the child, and (iii) classroom observation.
- Admission based on a first-registered, first-served basis, depending on the suitability of our programme and class for the applicant.
- While applications are accepted throughout the year, our admission intake takes place every January, April and July. Estimated processing time is between six to nine months from the time of receipt of application with all accompanying and relevant documents for admission assessment.
- Our school is funded by the MOE and the National Council of Social Service (NCSS). Singaporeans and PRs will have priority for school placement. We currently have a processing list for entry to our school programme, and are therefore unable to serve non-citizens at the moment.
- All documents must be in order and submitted together with the application before we are able to process it. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Please submit all required applications to our email at [email protected] or by mail to: St. Andrew’s Autism School Admissions, 1 Elliot Road, Singapore 458686.
Fees and Subsidies
Our programme fee for the school is $150.00 per month for Singapore citizens and $350.00 for Singapore PRs. Parents are required to pay fees from January to December.
Requests for financial assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis. You may indicate your need for financial assistance for the programme fee on your application itself. As part of the financial assistance application process, our social workers will be required to conduct a home visit and interview.
Our open house is organised thrice a year in March, June, and September. Parents may find out more about our open house schedule and sign up through SAAS Open House.