Any Singaporean or Singapore permanent resident who meets the criteria below would be eligible to apply for our programme:
- diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- aged between seven and 14 years old at the time of application (we provide education until the age of 18)
- ambulant, able to move around independently
- For application to our school, you may download the Special Education (SPED) School Application Form from the Ministry of Education's (MOE's) website.
- Please ensure that the following documents are attached together with the completed SPED School Application Form;
- Medical Report (to be completed by a GP)
- Diagnosis Report
- Psychological Report (conducted within two years of the date of application) and/or school reports
- Photocopy of Child's Identification:
- For Singapore Citizens — Birth Certificate
- For Singapore Permanent Residents — Singapore Permanent Residents Re-entry Document
- Deed Poll (legal document required if the child has changed his/her name)
- Photocopy of Parents'/Guardians' Identification — for Singapore Citizens and PRs: NRIC/Passport
- Photocopy of Certificate of Legal Guardianship (if applicable)
- Report book results/progress reports
- Work Place Literacy and Numeracy scores (if applicable)
- All applicants will be required to undergo an intake assessment to ascertain placement suitability. Our intake assessment includes a parent interview, individual intake assessment for the child, and classroom observation.
- Admission is based on a first-registered, first-served basis, depending on the suitability of our programme and class for the applicant.
- Applications are accepted throughout the year. However, our admission intake falls on every January, April and July. The processing time from receipt of application and all relevant documents to admission assessment is around six to nine months.
- As the school is funded by the MOE and the National Council of Social Service (NCSS), priority is given to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who require a place in the school. Currently, we have a processing list for entry to our school programme. We are unable to serve non-citizens at this moment.
- All documents are required to be submitted together before we are able to process the application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Fees and Subsidies
Our programme fee for the school is $350.00 per month for Singapore citizens and Singapore permanent residents. Parents are required to pay fees from January to December.
Requests for financial assistance will be considered on a case-by-case basis. You can indicate on your application if you need any financial assistance for the programme fee. A home visit and interview will be conducted by our social workers as part of the financial assistance application process.
Our open house is scheduled thrice a year in March, June, and September. Parents may find out more about our open house schedule and sign up through SAAS Open House.